A high level interface for SageMaker training
Estimator(image_name, role, train_instance_count, train_instance_type, train_volume_size=30, train_max_run=86400, input_mode='File', output_path=None, output_kms_key=None, base_job_name=None, sagemaker_session=None)¶
A generic Estimator to train using any supplied algorithm. This class is designed for use with algorithms that don’t have their own, custom class.
- image_name (str) – The container image to use for training.
- role (str) – An AWS IAM role (either name or full ARN). The Amazon SageMaker training jobs and APIs that create Amazon SageMaker endpoints use this role to access training data and model artifacts. After the endpoint is created, the inference code might use the IAM role, if it needs to access an AWS resource.
- train_instance_count (int) – Number of Amazon EC2 instances to use for training.
- train_instance_type (str) – Type of EC2 instance to use for training, for example, ‘ml.c4.xlarge’.
- train_volume_size (int) – Size in GB of the EBS volume to use for storing input data during training (default: 30). Must be large enough to store training data if File Mode is used (which is the default).
- train_max_run (int) – Timeout in seconds for training (default: 24 * 60 * 60). After this amount of time Amazon SageMaker terminates the job regardless of its current status.
- input_mode (str) –
The input mode that the algorithm supports (default: ‘File’). Valid modes:
- ‘File’ - Amazon SageMaker copies the training dataset from the S3 location to a local directory.
- ‘Pipe’ - Amazon SageMaker streams data directly from S3 to the container via a Unix-named pipe.
- output_path (str) – S3 location for saving the trainig result (model artifacts and output files).
If not specified, results are stored to a default bucket. If the bucket with the specific name
does not exist, the estimator creates the bucket during the
- output_kms_key (str) – Optional. KMS key ID for encrypting the training output (default: None).
- base_job_name (str) – Prefix for training job name when the
fit()method launches. If not specified, the estimator generates a default job name, based on the training image name and current timestamp.
- sagemaker_session (sagemaker.session.Session) – Session object which manages interactions with Amazon SageMaker APIs and any other AWS services needed. If not specified, the estimator creates one using the default AWS configuration chain.
Returns the docker image to use for training.
The fit() method, that does the model training, calls this method to find the image to use for model training.
Returns the hyperparameters as a dictionary to use for training.
The fit() method, that does the model training, calls this method to find the hyperparameters you specified.
create_model(image=None, predictor_cls=None, serializer=None, deserializer=None, content_type=None, accept=None, **kwargs)¶
Create a model to deploy.
- image (str) – An container image to use for deploying the model. Defaults to the image used for training.
- predictor_cls (RealTimePredictor) – The predictor class to use when deploying the model.
- serializer (callable) – Should accept a single argument, the input data, and return a sequence of bytes. May provide a content_type attribute that defines the endpoint request content type
- deserializer (callable) – Should accept two arguments, the result data and the response content type, and return a sequence of bytes. May provide a content_type attribute that defines th endpoint response Accept content type.
- content_type (str) – The invocation ContentType, overriding any content_type from the serializer
- accept (str) – The invocation Accept, overriding any accept from the deserializer.
- serializer, deserializer, content_type, and accept arguments are only used to define a default (The) –
- They are ignored if an explicit predictor class is passed in. Other arguments (RealTimePredictor.) –
- passed through to the Model class. (are) –
Returns: a Model ready for deployment.
Delete an Amazon SageMaker
ValueError– If the endpoint does not exist.
deploy(initial_instance_count, instance_type, endpoint_name=None, **kwargs)¶
Deploy the trained model to an Amazon SageMaker endpoint and return a
- initial_instance_count (int) – Minimum number of EC2 instances to deploy to an endpoint for prediction.
- instance_type (str) – Type of EC2 instance to deploy to an endpoint for prediction, for example, ‘ml.c4.xlarge’.
- endpoint_name (str) – Name to use for creating an Amazon SageMaker endpoint. If not specified, the name of the training job is used.
- **kwargs – Passed to invocation of
create_model(). Implementations may customize
**kwargsto customize model creation during deploy. For more, see the implementation docs.
- A predictor that provides a
which can be used to send requests to the Amazon SageMaker endpoint and obtain inferences.
fit(inputs, wait=True, logs=True, job_name=None)¶
Train a model using the input training dataset.
The API calls the Amazon SageMaker CreateTrainingJob API to start model training. The API uses configuration you provided to create the estimator and the specified input training data to send the CreatingTrainingJob request to Amazon SageMaker.
This is a synchronous operation. After the model training successfully completes, you can call the
deploy()method to host the model using the Amazon SageMaker hosting services.
- inputs (str or dict or sagemaker.session.s3_input) –
Information about the training data. This can be one of three types:
- (str) the S3 location where training data is saved.
- (dict[str, str] or dict[str, sagemaker.session.s3_input]) If using multiple channels for
- training data, you can specify a dict mapping channel names
to strings or
- (sagemaker.session.s3_input) - channel configuration for S3 data sources that can provide
- additional information about the training dataset. See
sagemaker.session.s3_input()for full details.
- wait (bool) – Whether the call should wait until the job completes (default: True).
- logs (bool) – Whether to show the logs produced by the job. Only meaningful when wait is True (default: True).
- job_name (str) – Training job name. If not specified, the estimator generates a default job name, based on the training image name and current timestamp.
- inputs (str or dict or sagemaker.session.s3_input) –
str – The model location in S3. Only set if Estimator has been